Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bone Inlay Furniture

Anyone who knows me well is aware of my obsession with all things Indian - the sari's, the colors, the textiles, the jewelry and the furniture.  The list is endless.  I am writing a disclaimer in advance to let you know that over time you will see many entries that will somehow revolve around India, in one capacity or another, as the country is an endless source of inspiration for ideas and for sourcing textiles for ilhabela boutique.

Jodhpur, in the northern state of Rajasthan,  is home to huge emporiums of furniture that will make any interior decorator swoon.  The exquisite bone inlay furniture shown below are statement pieces for any room.  Since visiting, I have been able to stop thinking about planning a home office space (if I only had a bigger apartment!) with a pink bone inlay desk as the centerpiece!
*image 1 via Niki Jones; Image 2, 3 and 4 via Inlay Bone Furniture

No comments:

Post a Comment