Thursday, January 13, 2011

Shopping: Stones from The Grand Bazaar

My travels over the years have led me through markets, souks and bazaars from one corner of the globe to the other.  
A favorite shop is Stil Inci (86–87 erifag˘a Sokak; 011-90-212-512-2839) in Istanbul's Grand Bazaar.
Long strands of precious and semi-precious stones hang from the ceiling -  uncut sapphires, amber, emeralds, onyx, turquoise, rubies, peridot and South Sea pearls.  Choose your stones and customize your design at incredibly reasonable prices.  
I chose turquoise nuggets to have a long double-stranded necklace made for me on the spot for just $150 USD.  It came packaged in a velvet pouch with an evil-eye drawstring closure offering me the feeling of protection every time I wear it.    




*First image -own photograph;  image 2 photo by J.D Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment